- Item Actions
Map of Basic City, Augusta County, Virginia, November 1st., 1890
by D.C. Humphreys ; Assistant Engineers, A.C. Walker ... [et al.]
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 37 x 51 cm., on sheet 41 x 56 cm.
- Variant Title
- Basic City, Augusta County, Virginia
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:7,200].
- Basic City, Va. : Basic City Mining, Manufacturing, and Land Co., 1890 (Washington, D.C. : Norris Peters Co., Photo-Litho.)
- "Drawn by D.C. Humphreys & J.W. Link." -- Lower right corner.
- Basic City became part of Waynesboro, Va. in 1923--GNIS, 3/26/01.
- Cadastral map showing block and lot numbers and street names.
- Relief shown by contours and spot heights.
- "Most lots are 25 x 125 or 50 x 125."
- Oriented with north toward the upper left.
- Includes location map and an illustration of "Hotel Brandon."
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Copy 1: Monographs Fund, 2006/2007.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Copy 2: "The Rev. James E. Bear" penciled on verso. Stamped as a Gift, 1934.
- Technical Details