- Item Actions
A Pocket Companion of Ye Roads, of Ye South Part of Great Britain, Called England and Wales: Containing All Ye Cities, Market Towns, Post Towns, Boroughs: And Whatever Places Have Ye Election of Members of Parliament &C. All the Great or Post-Roads, and Principal Cross-Roads &C. With Ye Computed Miles From Town to Town
by Herman Moll Geographer
- Map; Online
- 1 map ; 27 x 30 cm.
- Variant Title
- Pocket companion of the roads of the south part of Great Britain, called England and Wales
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:2,500,000].
- [London : Herman Moll, 1724?]
- Relief not shown.
- Dedication: To His Higness Prince Frederick Duke of Glocester &c. This map is most humbly dedicated by Her: Moll Geogr.
- Note. This map may be used with:out scale or compasses: for ye towns that are not touched by the roads lying near them, thier distances may easily be computed by inspection.
- Symbols listed for cities, archbishopricks, bishopricks, post towns or stages on the post roads, market and post towns, market towns.
- Note: Great or direct roads, principal cross roads &c. many not to be found in Mr. Ogilby's book.
- Note: Since ye beginning of this new set of maps, now compleatly finish'd; several ignorant pretenders have started up, and with great shew and noise frequently advertised their trifling performances; calling them cheap, curious, usefull and correct: as to ye first epithed, they are really dear, at any price; in ye second place, everyon body may see they are wild, confused and poorly engraven; as for their usefulness, they tend only to lead people into errors; and so far from being correct; that ye projection of their principal maps is notoriously false.
- Detached from an unidentified source.
- Technical Details