- Item Actions
A chart of ye West-Indies or the islands of America in the North Sea &c. being ye present seat of war
by Herman Moll Geographer.
- Online; Map
- 1 map ; 28 x 35 cm.
- Variant title
- Chart of the West Indies or the islands of America in the North Sea
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:14,000,000]
- (W 100⁰--W 60⁰/N 35⁰--N 5⁰).
- [London] : Printed for Tho. Bowles in St. Pauls Church Yard & John Bowles at the Black Horse in Cornhill, [ca. 1720]
- Prime meridian: London.
- Includes Central America and the Gulf of Mexico region.
- Shows directions of prevailing winds.
- Inset: La Vera Cruz.
- Note: The gallions & flota usually joyning at the Havana ye whole Armada sails for Spain through this gulf.
- Note: The course of the galleons...
- Detached from an unidentified book.
- Cited in
- Phillips. Maps of America, p. 1054
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Imperfect: several marginal tears, with largest at left margin extending well into main image, but with no loss of text.
- Technical details