- Item Actions
Chesapeake Bay : From the mouth of York River to the entrance to BaySheet no. 6
From a trigonometrical survey under the direction of A.D. Bache, Superintendent of the Survey of the Coast of the United States. ; Triangulation by E. Blunt & J. Farley, Assistants. ; Topography by J.J.S. Hassler, G.D. Wise, J. Seib, Assts. & J. Mechan, Sub-Asst. ; Hydrography by the party under the command of Lieut. Comdg. J.J. Almy, U.S.N. Assistant. ; Redd. drng. by W.M.C. Fairfax, A. Strausz & L.D. Williams. ; Engd. by J. Knight, A. Sengteller, H.S. Barnard & J.C. Kondrup.
- Online; Map
- 1 map ; 65 x 96 cm. on sheet 75 x 107 cm.
- Variant title
- Chesapeake Bay, Sheet no. 6
- Chesapeake Bay, from the mouth of York River to the entrance to Bay
- Mathematical info
- Scale 1:80,000.
- [Washington, D.C. : United States Coast Survey], 1863.
- At head of title: Coast chart No. 36.
- Depth shown by soundings.
- Provides detailed sailing directions, with tide tables and locations of lighthouses and buoys.
- "Electrotype cooy no. 2 by G. Mathiot U.S.C.S." is printed in upper right margin, but the map is not otherwise numbered in upper or lower margins.
- Map is not numbered in
- The seal of the Coast Survey is followed by "Price 75 cents" and "Verfied J. E. Hilgard Assist. Coast Survey in charge of Office."
- Cited in
- Swem, E.G. Maps relating to Virginia, no. 1027, p. 147.
- Technical details