- Item Actions
A New Map of the Upper Part of Italy: Containing Ye Principality of Piemont, Ye Dutchies of Savoy, Milan, Parma, Mantua, Modena, Tuscany, the Dominions of Ye Pope &C. The Republiques of Venice, Genoe, Lucca &C.
To His Most Sacred Majesty George II. King of Great Britain, France and Ireland, Elector of Brunswick-Luneburg &c. this Map is most humbly Dedicated by H. Moll Geographer
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 61 x 102 cm. on sheet 63 x 107 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:1,160,000]
- [London] : Sold by H. Moll overagainst Devereux Court, between Temple Bar and St. Clements Church in the Strand... ; printed and sold by Tho: Bowles next the Chapter House in St. Pauls Church-yard, and Iohn Bowles at the Black Horse in Cornhill., [ca. 1730].
- Relief shown pictorially.
- The first part of the imprint related to Moll is printed at upper left and the Bowles imprint is to the right of the cartouche.
- The full text of the Moll imprint reads: Sold by H. Moll overagainst Devereux Court, between Temple Bar and St. Clements Church in the Strand, where is to be had his new sett of twenty-eight two-sheet maps, printed on extraordinary paper; his New Atlas Minor of sett of sixty-two new and correct maps. This maps agreeing with Mr. Templeman's Tables, you may have the tables and maps bound up together or single, &c."
- Inset: Locator map, Italy with the adjacent dominions about it &c.
- Inset views of fortified cities: Civita Vecchia, Venice, Mantua, Milan, Turin, Genoa, Placenza, Parma, Modena, Florenza and Rome.
- Harbor view: A prospect of the town and harbour of Leghorn...
- Note: All the roads in this map are post roads. The figures in the road from Lyons to Turin are French leagues. All the other figures in the roads are computed distances in travelling from one city or place to another are Italian or English miles.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: "Piemont &c" written in brown ink on verso.
- Cited in
- Shirley, R. Maps in the atlases of the British Library, Vol. 1, T.Moll-4d, Map 27.
- Technical Details