- Item Actions
The Turkish Empire in Europe, Asia and Africa Divided Into All Its Governments: Together With the Other Territories That Are Tributary to It, as Also the Dominions of Ye Emperor of Marocco ; According to the Newest and Most Exact Observations
by H. Moll Geographer
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 60 x 101 cm. on sheet 63 x 107 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:7,000,000]
- [London] : Printed for H. Moll over against Devereux Court in ye Strand, and Iohn Bowles at the Black Horse in Cornhill, and T. Bowles Print & Mapseller next to the Chapter house in St. Pauls Church Yard, and Iohn King at the Globe in the Poultry, [ca. 1730]
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Dedication: To the honourable Tho. Vernon Esqr. one of ye Commissrs. of Trade for ye Plantations, of His Majesty of Gr. Britain. This map is most humbly dedicated by your most Humble Servant Her. Moll Geographer.
- Originally issued, with a variant imprint, after the ascension of George I in 1714, based on the reference to "His Majesty" in the Dedication.
- Insets: Plan of Constantinople -- Draught of the City of Jerusalem as it is now, taken from the south east by Corneille Le Bruyn -- Church of the Holy Sepulcre (3 views), J. Harris, fecit. -- Smirna.
- Prime meridians: London and Ferro Island.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: "Turkish Empire & Morocco" handwritten in brown ink on verso, with a smear over "Morocco."
- Cited in
- Shirley, R. Maps in the atlases of the British Library, Vol. 1, T.Moll-4b, Map 26.
- Technical Details