- Item Actions
A new map of Ireland : divided into its provinces, counties and baronies, wherein are distinguished the bishopricks, borroughs, barracks, bogs, passes, bridges &c. with the principal roads, and the common reputed miles. According to the newest and most exact observations
by Herman Moll Geographer.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : col. ; 101 x 62 cm. on sheet 107 x 64 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:550,000].
- [London] : Printed for H. Moll over against Devereux Court in ye Strand, I Bowles at the Black Horse in Cornhill, P. Overton Map & Printseller near St. Dunstans Church Fleetstreet, and T. Bowles Print & Mapseller next to the Chapter House in St. Pauls Church Yard, And by I. King Map and Printseller at the Globe in the Poultry, [ca. 1730]
- NB. This map has all the improvements of Hen. Pratt viz. the roads, computed miles from town to town &c.
- Dedication: To His Grace Charles Duke of Shrewsbury, Ld. High Treasurer of Great Britain, Ld. Chamberlain of His Majesty's Houshold, Ld. Leutenant General and General Governor of Ireland, Knight of ye Most Noble Order of the Garter &c. this map is humbly dedicated by your Grace's most humble Servant H. Moll Geographer 1714.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Table: A catalogue of ye towns & places, where barracks are erected, for quartering ye standing army ...
- Inset (Separate scale): Untitled locator map, showing western Europe.
- Explanation: cityes & large towns, boroughs, market towns, villages and gentle seats, archbishopricks, bishopricks, barracks, redoubts or small barrac., roads, ferryes, bogs, forts.
- City plans: Dublin, Corke, Limrick, the Harbour of Kinsale, Waterford, Gallway, the Isle of St. Patricks Purgatory in the county of Dunnagall and Gyants Cawsway in the county of Antrium, the last two with text..
- Cited in
- Shirley, R. Maps in the atlases of the British Library, Vol. 1, T.Moll-4b, Map 18.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: "Ireland" written in brown ink on verso.
- Technical details