- Item Actions
A New and Exact Map of France: Divided Into All Its Provinces and Acquisitions, According to the Newest Observations, and That Accurate Survey Made by the King's Command by Mr. Picar and de la Hire, With the Post Roads and the Computed Leagues From Town to Town, the Passes of the Pirenean Mountains, and Many Other Remarcks &C.
by H. Moll Geographer
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 61 x 98 cm. on sheet 64 x 107 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:1,700,000].
- [London] : Printed for H. Moll over against Devereux Court between Temple Bar and St. Clements Church in ye Strand, I. Bowles Print and Map Seller at ye Black Horse in Cornhill, P. Overton Map & Printseller near St. Dunstans Church Fleetstreet, and T. Bowles Print & Mapseller next to the Chapter house in St. Pauls Church yard, and John King at the Globe in the Poultry., [ca. 1730]
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Map image flanked on both sides by tables of principal cities, towns, and distances.
- Table: A list of the ports or passes of the Pyrennean Mountains, markt 1.2.3. &c.
- Explanation: post roads..., smaller spots...parliament towns, Archbishopricks, Bishopricks, universities, places where battles have been fought by the English...
- Prime meridian: Ferro Island.
- Earlier version, with variant imprint, issued ca. 1714.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: "France" written in brown ink on verso.
- Cited in
- Shirley, R. Maps in the atlases of the British Library, Vol. 1, T.Moll-4b, Map 23?
- Technical Details