- Item Actions
Gray's New Topographical Map of Virginia and West Virginia
by Frank A. Gray
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 41 x 69 cm.
- Variant Title
- New topographical map of Virginia and West Virginia
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:1,000,000]
- Philadelphia: O.W. Gray & Son, [ca. 1877]
- Latest population figures printed on the map are from the 1870 census.
- Two insets with same scale as map: Part of West Virginia the Panhandle -- South western Part of Virginia.
- Four insets with different scales: Environs of Harper's Ferry (1:200,000) -- Hampton Roads and the approaches (1:250,000) -- Hypsometric sketch of Virginia and West Virginia 91:10,000,000) -- Norfolk Harbor (1:80,000)
- With several textual notes printed on map.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Numbers "68" and "69" printed above left and right upper neatlines, respectively; without text on verso.
- Issued in editions of Gray's National Atlas. See: Phillips, Atlases, no. 904 etc.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Copy 2: Broken in two pieces at the fold. Elizabeth Cocke Coles Fund.
- Technical Details