- Item Actions
Map of the state of Virginia
prepared for and issued by the Department of Agriculture of Virginia.
- Online; Map; Government Document
- 1 map : hand col. ; 46 x 100 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [1:5280]
- (W 6⁰--E 1⁰/N 39⁰--N 37⁰).
- Richmond, Va. : Everett, Waddey Co. ; New York : Engraved & printed, G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co., 1893.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Prime meridian: Washington.
- Includes tables of precipitation and temperature.
- Insets: Norfolk, Portsmouth and Gosport -- Richmond, Henrico County, Manchester and Spring Hill, Chesterfield Co.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. G3880 1893 .G15: All copies imperfect to some extent. Copy 1 is in good shape, except for absence of original cover; Copy 2 retains the unprinted back gray paper cover, but has a tear at the Colton imprint and another at the word "Department." Copy 3 has multiple fold separations and no cover. Copy 4 has no cover, is diffusely browned, backed on linen, with small holes in margins.
- Technical details