- Item Actions
Map of the Region Between Gettysburg, Pa. And Appomattox Court House, Va. Exhibiting the Connection Between the Campaign and Battle-Field Maps
prepared by authority of the Hon. Secretary of War, under the direction of Brig. & Bvt. Maj. Gen'l A.A. Humphreys, Chief of Eng'rs. U.S.A. by Bvt. Brig. Gen'l N. Michler, Major of Eng'rs. from surveys by Bvt. Brig. Gen'l N. Michler, Maj. of Engs. and others, and from data in the Engineer Department ; complied and drawn by Major John E. Weyss, C....
- Map; Government Document; Online
- 1 map on 2 sheets : col. ; 108 x 66 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:290,000]
- [Washington, D.C.] : War Department, Office of the Chief of Engineers, 1869.
- Index map indicates the area covered by each sheet in the atlas.
- This is the index map that accompanies the Corps of Engineers' Military maps Illustrating the operations of the Armies of the Potomac & James... 1869.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Imperfect: very fragile paper, multiple tears, some marginal loss most evident sheet two, discoloration verso sheet two.
- Cited in
- LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), no. S196.
- Technical Details