- Item Actions
Map of West Virginia Showing Coal, Oil, Gas and Limestone Areas
Published by the West Virginia Geological Survey, I.C. White, State Geologist and author of Geologic features ; assisted by Ray V. Hennen, D.B. Reger and R.C. Tucker ; base prepared by Ray V. Hennen, Assistant Geologist, from the topographic sheets of the U.S. Geological Survey
- Map; Government Document; Online
- col. map ; 82 x 91 cm. on sheet 89 x 129 cm.
- Rev. ed., 1917
- Cartographic Info
- Scale 1:506880. 1 in. to 8 miles.
- [Morgantown, W. Va.] : West Virginia Geological Survey,  (Baltimore : A. Hoen & Co.)
- Note: "In this revised edition of the Geologic Map of the State, it was not possible to include a list of all the coal mines that have recently been opened in the several coal districts ... However, practically all of those which have put in railway sidings and given promise of permanency have been included, so far as we could obtain the lists, up to the middle of July, 1917. ... I.C. White ... October 1, 1917."
- List of coal mines by county on left side of sheet.
- Technical Details