- Item Actions
Army Map of the Seat of War in Virginia, Showing the Battle Fields, Fortifications, etc. On & Near the Potomac River
Drawn by J.G. Bruff. Lith. of P.S. Duval & Son, Philada
- Map; Online
- 1 map, col., 70 x 63 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:183,000].
- New York : Published by J. Disturnell ; [Washington, D.C.] : Hudson Taylor, Washn. D.C., 1862.
- Map of the Potomac River and vicinity from Harpers Ferry to Swan Point showing towns, roads, railroads, names and boundaries of counties, drainage, and relief by hachures. Principal Union and Confederate positions are marked by small flags or underlined in blue and red respectively.
- List of 34 forts defending Washington is in the lower right corner.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Former cloth backing removed when cataloged.
- Cited in
- LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 455
- Technical Details