- Item Actions
Map showing the railroad connections with the city of Norfolk, Virginia
designed by Walter Sharp, Norfolk, Va.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : col. ; 67 x 60 cm. on sheet 72 x 64 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:2,852,200]; Approximate scale 45 miles to one inch.
- Buffalo, N.Y. : Matthews, Northrup & Co., Art-Printing works, 1890.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Map covers the area within a thousand mile radius of Norfolk.
- Tables below map: Water transportation routes: Steamship lines. Steamboat lines. -- Norfolk's importance as an entrêpot.
- Color-coded for various railroads.
- "M. W. Mason, Real Estate Agent, 17 Granby Street, Norfolk, Va." printed in red at top of map, inside neatline.
- "13206" printed in lower margin just outside neatline.
- A newspaper article about "Port Norfolk" reprinted from the Daily Norfolk News and Courier is re-printed on verso.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Imperfect: has several tears but no loss of text.
- Technical details