- Item Actions
Map of Western Virginia
compiled from the best authorities, and printed at the Coast Survey Office, A. D. Bache, Supdt. 1862. ; Compiled by W. L. Nicholson ; Lith. by Chas. G. Krebs
- Map; Government Document; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 58 x 50 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:887,040].
- [Washington, D.C.] : Coast Survey Office , 1862.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- General map of western Virginia and what is now West Virginia, extending from Wheeling to Cumberland Gap and west to the Ohio River; shows roads, railroads, cities and towns, and rivers.
- This is one of three issues published in 1862. In this issue, "Civ. Engr." does not appear after Nicholson's name and place names Greenville and Nolechucky R. do appear in the portion of the map that extends below the border at lower left.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Imperfect: attribution to Chas. G. Krebs at lower left corner is partly obliterated. Linen-backed.
- Cited in
- LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 465.5
- Technical Details