- Item Actions
Map of Triangulation Survey Now in Progress by the Clinchfield Coal Corporation in Wise, Russell, Dickenson and Bushanan Counties, Virginia
Clinchfield Coal Corporation; Norris Peters Co
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 46 x 38 cm. on sheet 54 x 44 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:174,240].
- Washington, D.C. : The Norris Peters Co., [ca. 1910]
- "Richd. I. Dereton Del." (?) appears just outside left lower neatline.
- A scale statement of 1 inch = 1 mile has been struck out, and replaced with a bar scale (smaller scale).
- Explanation table is coded for various triangulation stations, lines, railroads, county and state lines, towns, villages or post offices.
- "An original copy of this map is filed with the U.S.G.S. along with the notes, computations, &c." -- Lower left corner.
- Cited in
- Swem, E.G. Maps relating to Virginia, 2026, p. 225.
- Technical Details