- Item Actions
Iron & coal lands of T.J. Boyd, Wythe County, Virginia
Boyd, Charles Rufus,
- Online; Map
- 1 map : col. ; 43 x 34 cm. on sheet 49 x 37 cm.
- Variant title
- Iron and coal lands of T.J. Boyd, Wythe County, Virginia
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:47,520]
- [Wytheville? Va. : s.n., ca. 1885]
- A variant of C.R. Boyd's 1878 "Map showing the Boyd coal & iron lands."
- Note upper left: The four tracts of land shown upon this map, numbered 1.2.3. & 4., containing 3126 acres in aggregate are the property of Col. Thomas J. Boyd of Wytheville, Virginia. ... An inspection of the map will show three principal veins of iron ore in tract no. 3; the most valuable of which is the vein in the black slate near the foot of Big Walkers Mtn--a recent discovery (1882)...
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Tables: Analysis of coal measure iron ore / by Thomas Egleston, Columbia College -- Analysis of state vein ore / by A.S. McCreath of Harrisburgh -- Analysis of Oriskany ore / A.S.McCreath -- Analysis of coal / by Thomas Egleston.
- Map oriented with north to upper right.
- Color coded for varieties of ore.
- Inset (Scale 6 miles-One inch): Sketch: showing the positions of the coal measures relative to the iron furnaces and the lead & zinc mines.
- Inset: Section thro' AB.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: From the Papers of the Anderson Family, MSS 38-96-i. Gift of Mrs. John R. Weske.
- Technical details