- Item Actions
James River, Virginia (in five sheets)Sheet No. 2Point of Shoals to Sandy Point
issued January 1882 ; J. E. Hilgard Superintendent. Verfied R. D. Cutts Assistant in Charge of Office.
- Online; Map
- 1 map ; 60 x 90 cm. on sheet 76 x 98 cm..
- Corrections from surveys by Corps of Engineers U.S.A., to June 1896.
- Mathematical info
- Scale 1:40,000.
- Polyconic projection.
- (W 77°00ʹ--W 76°40ʹ/N37°20ʹ--N 37°00ʹ)
- [Washington : U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey, 1896]
- Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by contours and soundings.
- Inset: James River, diagram of charts.
- In upper margin, left to right: No. 401b Price 40 cents. Plate No. 1693. Electrotype Copy No. 1, U.S.C. & G.S.
- In bottom right margin: (James R. Sheet 2) U.S.C. & G.S. 401b.
- List of authorities for triangulation, topograpy, hydrograpy, magnetic observations.
- "Office work: The reduced drawing of topography and hydrography was made by A. Lindenkohl. The engraving was executed as follows: Outlines and topography by J. Enthoffer; Hydrography by F. Courtenay; Lettering by E.A. Maedel, and Sand by H.M. Knight."
- Includes notes on tides, soundings, and buoys.
- Technical details