- Item Actions
Preliminary chart of James River, Virginia from Richmond to City Point, including the Appomattox River from Petersburg to the junction
from a trigonometrical survey under the direction of A.D. Bache, Superintendent of the Survey of the Coast of the United States ; triangulation by J. Farley and W.P. Trowbridge Lieut. U.S. Engs. Assists. ; topography by J. Seib & S.A. Wainwright Sub-Assts. ; hydrography by the party under the command of Lieut. R. Wainwright, U.S.N. Assist.
- Online; Map; Government Document
- 1 map ; 69 x 74 cm. on sheet 77 x 88 cm.
- Variant title
- James River, Virginia from Richmond to City Point, including the Appomattox River from Petersburg to the Junction
- Mathematical info
- Scale 1:40,000
- (W 77⁰28ʹ--W 77⁰12ʹ/N 37⁰32ʹ--N 37⁰12ʹ).
- [Washington, D.C.] : U.S. Coast Survey, 1855.
- Shows parts of Richmond and Petersburg, Virginia.
- Depths shown by shading and soundings.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- "Red'd. drng. by W.T. Martin ; Engd. by W. Langran & App. F.W. Benner"-Lower margin.
- Oriented with north to right.
- Includes description of bars in the James River and Appomattox River, and notes on soundings and tides.
- Cited in
- Swem, E.G. Maps Relating to Virginia, no. 851.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Number "402" handwritten at upper right corner. Generally soiled; linen backed.
- Technical details