- Item Actions
Iron-Gate, Alleghany County Virginia, August, 1889
Dunlap and Kennaday, Engineers.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : col. ; 57 x 76 cm. on sheet 60 x 79 cm.
- Variant title
- Iron Gate, Alleghany County Virginia, August, 1889
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:3360].
- [Iron Gate, Va. : Iron Gate Land and Improvement Co., 1889] (Richmond, Va. : Lith. by A. Hoen & Co.)
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Shows street names, lot and block numbers, manufacturing sites.
- Map oriented with north towards lower right.
- Note: Iron Gate. The location is one of the healthiest and most beautiful in the South ... For further information address Iron Gate Land and Improvement Co. Iron Gate Virginia.
- Small b&w vignette just to right of title: The Gate.
- Two map insets: 1. upper left-- untitled locater map (col.) of mid-Atlantic and northeastern USA showing radial distances at 100 mile intervals -- 2. lower center--untitled b&w locater map of vicinity of Iron Gate with radial distances at 5 mile intervals.
- Annotated with handwritten notes about the lots acquired by the "Staunton Syndicate."
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Fragile, with several tears.
- Technical details