- Item Actions
Map of the Business Portion of Shendun, Rockingham County, Virginia, October, 1890
by D. C. Humphreys, Prof. Engr., Washington & Lee University, Lexington, Va
- Map; Online
- 1 map ; 33 x 55 cm. on sheet 41 x 60 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:7,200].
- Washington, D.C. : The Norris Peters Co. Photo-Litho., 
- Inside neat line at lower right: Drawn by F.H. Anschutz and D.C. Humphreys.
- According to GNIS feature ID no. 1495628, Shendun became Grottoes in 1979.
- Developers plat of town.
- Shows numbered lots, street names, railroads, depots, hotel, company office and names of some landowners outside business district.
- Relief not shown.
- Explanatory note upper central map.
- Cited in
- Swem, E.G. Maps relating to Virginia, 1520.
- Technical Details