- Item Actions
Rappahannock River Virginia, From Fredericksburg to Near Moss Neck
from a trigonometrical survey under the direction of A.D. Bache, Superintendent of the Survey of the Coast of the United States ; triangulation by Capt. W.R. Palmer, Topl. Engrs. U.S.A. Assistant ; topography by John Seib Assistant ; hydrography by the party under the command of Lieut. R. Wainwright U.S.N. Assist., 1856
- Map; Online
- 1 map ; 72 x 42 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale 1:20,000 (W 77⁰28ʹ-- W 77⁰18ʹ/N 38⁰19ʹ--N 38⁰14ʹ).
- [Washington, D.C. : United States Coast Survey, 1856]
- Relief shown by hachures; depths shown by isolines, soundings and shading.
- "Verified, M.L. Smith, Capt. Topl. Engrs. Asst. in charge of Office."
- Oriented with north to upper right.
- "No. 9" printed in upper left margin.
- Includes notes on soundings in upper right corner.
- From: U.S. Coast Survey Report, 1856.
- Cited in
- Swem, E.G. Maps relating to Virginia, 862.
- Technical Details