- Item Actions
Map of the James River Ore Belt
drawn by W.G. Williamson, C.E., from notes furnished by Col. M. McDonald
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 30 x 87 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 31680]; 2 inches to 1 mile.
- [Richmond, Va. : R.E. Frayser, Supt. Public Print., 1879]
- Covers the James River Valley beginning at Archers Creek in Campbell County and continuing east through Appomattox County to Bent Creek.
- Appeared in: Semi-annual report of the Superintendent of the Virginia Military Institute, enclosing the report of a geological and mineral examination of a portion of the James River iron-belt / by M. McDonald, Professor of Geology. Richmond : R.E. Frayser, Supt. Public Print., 1879.
- A reduced size version appeared in The Virginias, v. 1, no. 1, Jan. 1880, under title "Map of iron ore belt on James River below Lynchburg" -- Cf. Swem, Maps relating to Virginia, no. 1370.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Linen-backed.
- Technical Details