- Item Actions
Map of Part of South Eastern Virginia
compiled at the U.S. Coast Survey Office from the following authorities . . . ; drawn by A. Lindenkohl
- Map; Online
- 1 map ; 53 x 69 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale 1:200,000 (W 77°40ʹ--W 76°10ʹ/N 37°50ʹ--N 36°50ʹ)
- [Washington, D.C. : United States Coast Survey, 1862?]
- Shows fortifications, roads, railroads, towns, drainage, and vegetation.
- Covers the area from Norfolk north to Lancaster Court House and west past Richmond and Petersburg.
- This map varies from the one described by Library of Congress on OCLC Record #51294047 and from the one that appeared in the 1864 edition of "The Peninsular campaign and its antecedents ..." in that this map has "Plate 1" at the upper right corner and does not have a named lithographer at the lower right corner.
- Cited in
- LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), entry
- Technical Details