- Item Actions
Preliminary chart of Hampton Roads and Elizabeth River Virginia : from a trigonometrical survey
under the direction of A.D. Bache, Superintendent of the Survey of the Coast of the United States ; triangulation by E. Blunt, Asst. U.S.C.S. ; topography by John Seib, Asst. ; Hydrography by the party under the command of John J. Almy, Lieut. Comdg. U. S. N. Asst. ; Verified M. L. Smith Capt. Topl. Engrs. Asst. in charge of Office.
- Online; Map
- 1 map ; 54 x 39 cm. on sheet 61 x 48 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale 1:40,000. (W 76°25ʹ--W 76°15ʹ/N 37°02ʹ--N 36°50ʹ)
- [Washington, D.C. : United States Coast Survey], 1857.
- Redd. Drng. by A. Schopf. C.B. Graham, lithr, Washington.
- Depths shown by soundings (in feet).
- Text includes information on tides and a table of abbreviations.
- "In U.S. Coast Survey. Report. 1857. No. 23. C." -- Swem.
- Cited in
- Swem, E.G. Maps relating to Virginia, no. 877, p. 134.
- Technical details