- Item Actions
A Plan of the Posts of York and Gloucester in the Province of Viriginia, Established by His Majesty's Army Under the Command of Lieut. General Earl Cornwallis, Together With the Attacks and Operations of the American and French Forces Commanded by General Washington and the Count of Rochambeau: Which Terminated in the Surrender of the Said Posts and Army on the 17th of October 1781
surveyed by Captn. Fage of the Royal Artillery
- Map; Online
- 1 map with overlay : col. ; 76.3 x 103.6 cm.
- Variant Title
- Overlay title: Position of the army between the ravines on the 28th and 29th of Sept. 1781
- [London : J.W.F. Des Barres], 4th June 1782.
- State of the map showing abattis around Redoubt number 9.
- Shows fortifications, siege lines, and positions of individual military units of the opposing armies.
- Overlay shows position of the British army at the time of the arrival of the American and French forces.
- Untitled inset shows the environs of Yorktown and the lower part of Chesapeake Bay.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Imperfect: Western sheet only; Eastern sheet and overlay are not present. Linen-backed.
- Cited in
- Nebenzahl, Kenneth. A bibliography of printed battle plans. No. 190.
- Technical Details