- Item Actions
Mitchell's Travellers guide through the United States : A map of the roads, distances, steam boat and canal routes &c. by J. H. Young
Mitchell, S. Augustus
- Online; Map
- 1 map : hand col. ; 41 x 52 cm. on sheet 45 x 57 cm. folded into cover 14 x 9 cm.+ 1 leaf of text.
- Variant title
- Travellers guide through the United States
- Map of the roads, distances, steam boat & canal routes,&c.
- Mathematical info
- Scale: [ca. 1:4,600,000]
- Philadelphia : Published by S. Augustus Mitchell, 1832.
- Prime meridian: Washington.
- Map is "Engraved on steel by J.H. Young & D. Haines."
- Index leaf includes: Steam boat and canal routes -- Statistical table -- Population of "Different classes of inhabitants," listing "Whites" "Free Blacks" and "Slaves" -- Heights of the principal mountains and hills -- Lengths of the principal rivers -- Lengths of the principal rail-roads (finished or in progress) -- Lengths of the principal canals (finished or in progress) -- Table showing the distance from Washington ...
- Insets: New Orleans -- Cincinnati -- Albany -- Falls of Niagara -- Boston -- New York -- Philadelphia -- Baltimore and Washington -- Charleston.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: G3700 1832 .M5: Original red morocco. Paul Mellon bequest, May 12, 2000. IN MAP CABINET.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: A 1832 .M57: Original green morocco. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Technical details