- Item Actions
A map of the world : corrected from the observations communicated to the Royal Societys of London and Paris
by Iohn Senex.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : col. ; 2 hemispheres each 52.5 cm. in diam., on sheet 67 x 110 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:50,000,000].
- London : Sold by I. Senex at the Globe against St Dunstan's Church in Fleetstreet, 1725.
- Texts in margins: The theory of the tides, from Sr. Isaac Newton's Phil. Nat. Princ. Math -- Of the quantity of vapour exhaled from the sea, of its circulation and of the cause of springs. Extracted from a discourse ... writ by Dr. Ed. Halley -- An attempt to assigne the physical cause of the trade winds and monsoon, by Dr. Ed. Halley.
- California is shown as an island.
- Dedication to Rt. Hon. Richard Boyle appears in a decorative cartouche, H. Hulsbergh, Sc., below the title.
- "Drawn & engraved by Iohn Senex" -- right-hand hemisphere just above the South Pole.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. With several marginal tears.
- Technical details