- Item Actions
Cold Harbor. [June 1-3, 1864]
From surveys under the direction of Bvt. Brig. Gen. N. Michler, Maj. of Engineers, and Bvt. Lieut. Col. P. S. Michie, Capt. of Engineers, by command of Bvt. Maj. Genl. A. A. Humphreys, Brig. Genl. & Chief of Engineers. Surveyed & drawn by Maj: J. E. Weyss, assisted by F. Theikuhl, J. Strasser & G. Thompson. Photolith. by the N. Y. Lithographing, Engraving & Printing Co., Julius Bien, Supt. 1867.
- Online; Map
- 1 map col. 51 x 83 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca.1:21,120].
- [United States : s.n., 1867]
- Shows roads, "Virginia Central R. R.," houses, fences, names of inhabitants, vegetation, drainage, and relief by hachures. Entrenchments are colored red and blue.
- Background and river are uncolored. Troop positions are colored.
- Cited in
- LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), no. 531.3
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Copy 1: Mounted on linen.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Copy 2: Imperfect: Thin paper, fragile, marginal tears including into map area on left. In folder with damaged title page sheet: Military Maps illustrating the Operation of the Armies of the Potomac & James May 4th., 1864 to April 9th., 1865 including Battlefields of the Wilderness, Spottsylvania, Northanna, Totopotomoy, Cold Harbor, The Siege of Petersburg and Richmond...
- Technical details