- Item Actions
Map of the Anthracite Coalfields of Pennsylvania
S. Harries Daddow Practical miner, etc
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 51 x 56 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:230,000].
- Pottsville, Pa. : Benjamin Bannan, [ca 1886]
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Includes 2 vertical sections, 2 transverse sections, and names and locations of collieries.
- "Lith & Printing Establisht. of W. Boell, 312 & 314 Walnut St. Phila."
- In the University of Virginia copy, the two lists of collieries are printed on white paper which have been pasted over the lists as originally printed.
- "Entered according to Act of Congress by Benjamin Bannan in the Clerks office of the District Court of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- Detached from: Coal, iron, and oil : or, The practical American miner. A plain and popular work on our mines and mineral resources, and a text-book or guide to their economical development / By Samuel Harries Daddow ... and Benjamin Bannan. Pottsville, Pa. : B. Bannan ; Philadelphia, Pa. ; J.B. Lippincott & co., 1866. (786, 801-808 p. : ills., maps ; 24 cm.) (A copy of the book is available at the Science-Engineering Library, call number TN23 .D12 1866)
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Imperfect: thin, fragile paper, with several fold separations.
- Technical Details