- Item Actions
Map of the survey of the summit level of the James River & Kanawha Canal, made in the year 1851
under the direction of Walter Gwynn, Chief Engineer by Edward Lorraine, Principal Assistant Engineer ; on stone by C. Ludwig.
- Online; Map
- 1 map ; 65 x97 cm. on sheet 74 x 100 cm.
- Variant title
- Map of the summit level of the James River & Kanawha Canal.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:60,000].
- [Richmond, Va. : s.n., 1854] (Richmond : Lith. of Ritchies & Dunnavant )
- Relief shown by hachures.
- East at top of map.
- Shows the area to the east of the Greenbriar River from Droop Mountain south to Peter's Mountain.
- Appeared in: 20th annual report, James River & Kanawha Company, January, 1854. -- Cf. Swem.
- Cited in
- Swem, E.G. Maps relating to Virginia, 827, p. 131.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Imperfect: Has several large tears, but without loss of text.
- Technical details