- Item Actions
Geological Map of Tennessee
by J.M. Safford
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 34 x 112 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [1:720,320]. 1 in. = 12 miles.
- New York : Taintor Brothers. 678 Broadway, 1869.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- In lower left of map: Fred Mayer & Sons. General Lith's. 96 & 98 Fulton St. N.Y.
- Insets: Principal faults in east Tennessee -- Clinch Section, Chattanooga Section -- Wells Creek Basin in Stewart County
- Cross sections: Section across the valley of East Tennessee from Cumberland tableland to Unaka -- A geological section from the Mississippi River through Dyer County, Nashville, Sparta, Kingston, Knoxville, Newport, Paint Rock to the Warm Springs in North Carolina.
- Possibly appeared in: Geology of Tennessee / by James M. Safford, State Geologist. Nashville : S.C. Mercer, printer, 1869.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Soiled; trimmed into right border; linen-backed.
- Technical Details