- Item Actions
Map of the Shenandoah & Upper Potomac Including Portions of Virginia and Maryland
Compiled from surveys made under the direction of 1st. Lieut. John R. Meigs, U.S. Engrs., Chief Engineer, Dept. West Virginia and from other reliable authorities. Drawn by P. Witzel, Asst. Engr., September 1864. Cumberland, Maryland, Office of Chief Engineer, Dept. W. Va., 1864
- Map; Government Document; Online
- 1 map, 80 x 57 cm. on sheet 87 x 61 cm.
- Variant Title
- Map of the Shenandoah and Upper Potomac
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca.1:253,440.]
- Cumberland, Maryland, Office of Chief Engineer, Dept. W. Va., 1864
- General map extending from Charlottesville north to the Maryland-Pennsylvania boundary and showing roads, railroads, towns, rivers, houses and names of residents, and relief by shading.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: "Sept." has been penciled next to the 1864 date. Discolored and soiled. Linen-backed.
- Cited in
- LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 655.5
- Technical Details