- Item Actions
A Map of West Virginia
compiled by Russell L. Morris, C.E., from county atlases, government and other surveys for the West Virginia Geological and Economic Survey. I.C. White, State Geologist
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 70 x 78 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:633,600]; 10 miles to the inch.
- [Morgantown, W. Va.] : West Virginia Geological and Economic Survey, [ca. 1899] ([Baltimore] : A. Hoen & Co., Lith.)
- Shows oil pools, natural gas wells. coal areas, state and county boundaries, drainage, names of towns and cities, and railroads.
- Also covers part of Pennsylvania, Maryland, Kentucky, and Ohio.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Below lower margin at left: A. Hoen & Co. Lith.
- Note upper left: "This map is only a preliminary one, and should not be considered accurate in any means... / I.C. White... January 10th, 1899."
- Table upper right: West Virginia Geological and Economic Survey Commision. Hon. Geore W. Atkinson, ... M.A. Kendall, ... Jerome H. Raymond, ... James H. Stewart ...
- Technical Details