- Item Actions
Fredericksburg [Dec. 1862]
Prepared by Bvt. Brig. Genl. N. Michler, Major of Engineers, from surveys under his direction, by order of Brig. Genl. & Bvt. Maj. Genl. A. A. Humphreys, Chief of Engineers, and under the authority of the hon. Secretary of War, 1867 ; surveyed & drawn by Maj. J. E. Weyss, assisted by F. Theilkuhl, J. Strasser & G. Thompson ; photolith. by the N.Y. Lithographing, Engraving & Printing Co., Julius Bien, Supt.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : b&w ; 82 x 57 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:21,120].
- [United States : s.n.], 1867.
- Detailed map of the environs of Fredericksburg giving some troop positions, with Union entrenchments in blue and Confederate entrenchments in red, but otherwise uncolored. Also shows roads, "Richmond, Fredericksburg and Potomac Rail Road," street plan of Fredericksburg and Falmouth, houses, fences, names of residents in rural areas, vegetation, drainage, and relief by hachures.
- Cited in
- LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), no. 553.7.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Fragile, with some torn edges.
- Technical details