- Item Actions
Map of the Property of the Lexington Development Company at Lexington, Rockbridge County, Virginia August 15, 1891
by D.C. Humphreys, Prof. Eng. Washington & Lee University, Lexington, Va. ; Engineers Chas. W. Forster & J.W. Link ; Field Assistant J.T. Morgan ; drawn by J.W. Link ; for more information apply to The Lexington Development Company, Lexington, Va
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 34 x 54 cm. on sheet 41 x 57 cm.
- Variant Title
- Lexington, an educational centre
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:10,000]
- [Lexington, Va. : Lexington Development Company, 1891] (Richmond, Va. : Photo. Lith. by A. Hoen & Co.)
- Relief shown by contour lines.
- Inset (separate scale, with radial distances): Map showing location of Lexington Virginia. 1890.
- Three pictorial insets: Hotel de Hart, Lexington, Va. -- Main buildings of Washington and Lee University. Chartered 1782 -- Virginia Military Institute. Founded 1839.
- Separate heading appears lower central map: Lexington an Educational Centre (listing Washington & Lee, Virginia Military Institute and Anne Smith Academy for Young Ladies.
- Shows downtown Lexington, plus street names, numbered blocks and lots of the area owned by the Company.
- Technical Details