- Item Actions
Geographical, statistical, and historical map of Kentucky
drawn by F. Lucas, Jr. ; engrav'd by Young & Delleker.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : col. ; 29 x 48 cm. on sheet 46 x 58 cm. + Appendix (1 sheet ; 43 x 28 cm)
- Variant title
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:1,340,000]
- (W 89⁰00ʹ--W 82⁰00ʹ/N 39⁰20ʹ--N 36⁰00ʹ).
- [Philadelphia : H.C. Carey & I. Lea, 1822?]
- Title from top of sheet; additional title "Kentucky" appears on the face of the map above the scale bar.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Shows Hickman County, formed in 1822, although Hickman is not included in the list of counties in the accompanying Appendix.
- Plate "No. 27." in upper right margin.
- Includes text describing the geography, rivers, climate, chief towns, economy, etc.
- On the University of Virginia copy, the word "methodists" in the 1-line text under Religion is not capitalized as it is on the Rumsey copy.
- Appeared in: A complete historical, chronological and geographical American atlas. Philadelphia : H.C. Carey & I. Lea... 1822.
- Cited in
- Phillips, Atlases, no. 1373a, v. 1, p. 760.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Map and Appendix sheet are both yellowed and linen-backed.
- Technical details