- Item Actions
Geographical, Statistical, and Historical Map of Kentucky
drawn by F. Lucas Jr. ; engr. by Young & Delleker
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 29 x 48 cm. on sheet 46 x 58 cm. + Appendix (1 sheet ; 46 x 28 cm)
- Variant Title
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:380,000].
- [Philadelphia : H.C. Carey & I. Lea, 1827]
- Title from top of sheet; additional title "Kentucky" appears on the face of the map above the scale bar.
- Includes text describing the geography, rivers, climate, chief towns, economy, etc.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Hickman County has been divided into Hickman, McCrackin, Calloway [ shown here as "Galaway"] and Graves. the last sentence of the text under "Rivers and Canals" refers to the 1825/1826 session of Congress.
- Plate "No. 27" in upper right corner.
- Appeared in: A complete historical, chronological and geographical American atlas. Philadelphia : H.C. Carey & I. Lea, 1827.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Accompanying Appendix is not present. Map is linen-backed.
- Cited in
- Phillips, Atlases, no. 1177, v. 1, p. 608.
- Technical Details