- Item Actions
A New Map of Kentucky: With Its Roads & Distances From Place to Place Along the Stage & Steam Boat Routes
Mitchell, S. Augustus; Burroughs, H N
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 27 x 34 cm. on sheet 35 x 43 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:2,000,000] (W 89⁰--W 82⁰/N 39⁰--N 36⁰).
- Philadelphia : Published by S. Augustus Mitchell, N.E. corner of Market & 7th Streets, 1847.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Prime meridian: Washington.
- Includes distance tables for steamboat routes from "Louisville to Pittsburg" and "Louisville to New Orleans."
- Insets: Falls of Ohio -- [Lexington region] -- [Clarksburg-Maysville region].
- "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1846 by H.N. Burroughs in ... the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- Plate number "27" appears in margin at lower right corner.
- Appears in Mitchell's New Universal Atlas...1847.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Diffusely browned; linen backed.
- Cited in
- Phillips, Atlases, no. 6104, v. 5, p. 343.
- Technical Details