- Item Actions
A New Description of Carolina
Francis Lamb sculp
- Map; Online
- 1 map ; 36 x 50 cm. on sheet 43 x 55 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:1,700,000].
- [London] : Sold by Tho. Basset in Fleetstreet and Ric. Chiswell in St. Pauls Churchyard, 
- Covers Atlantic coast from the James River south to Bay Matancas, near St. Augustine.
- Shows rivers and settlements.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Appeared in: Theatre of the empire of Great Britain / John Speed -- London : Basset and Chiswell, 1676.
- Oriented with north to the right.
- Consists of Gathering Bb, with text on verso: The Description of Florida (p. 49) -- The Description of Carolina (p. 50).
- Cited in
- Cumming. Southeast in early maps, 3rd ed. rev., no. 77, p. 166.
- Technical Details