- Item Actions
J.H. Colton & Co.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : hand col. ; 29 x 41 cm. on sheet 32 x 41 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:2,150,000]
- (W 84⁰20ʹ--W 75⁰20ʹ/N 38⁰--N 33⁰).
- New York (No. 172 William St.) : Published by J.H. Colton & Co., c1855.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Explanation: Rail roads; Common roads; Canals; State Capita;; Cities; County towns; Villages, P.P. &c.
- Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington.
- "Entered according to Act of Congress in the Year 1855 by J.H. Colton & Co. in the ... Southern District of New York."
- Includes inset: Beaufort Harbor, with text "This Harbor can be entered from any point, except N. & W. carrying 17 ft. water over the Bar at mean low water."
- Decorative border.
- Prime meridians: Washington, D.C. and Greenwich.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Imperfect: Map is trimmed to the border on top, right and lower edges; plate number is not present.
- Technical details