- Item Actions
Agricultural and Geological Map of Tennessee: Showing Also Topographical Features, as Well as Railroads, County Boundaries, County Towns, &C.
to accompany the reports of the Bureau of Agriculture, prepared by order of the Bureau by Jas. M. Safford
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 39 x 101 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:760,320]
- New York (678 Broadway) : Taintor Bros. Publishers, [1874?]
- Color-coded for geologic formations matched to lands, soils, crops, etc.
- Coded for iron ore belts.
- Shows railroads, including incomplete and proposed lines.
- Cross sections: Section across the valley of East Tennessee from Cumberland tableland to Unaka -- A geological section from the Mississippi River through Dyer County, Nashville, Sparta, Kingston, Knoxville, Newport, Paint Rock to the Warm Springs in North Carolina.
- Inset: The Well's Creek Basin in Stewart County.
- Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
- Appeared in: Introduction to the resources of Tennessee / by J.B. Killebrew, assisted by J.M. Safford ... Nashville, Tennessee Bureau of Agriculture, 1874.
- Technical Details