- Item Actions
The Tourist's Pocket Map of the State of Georgia: Exhibiting Its Internal Improvements, Roads, Distances, &C.
Mitchell, S. Augustus
- Map; Online
- 1 map ; 37 x 31 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:1,550,000] (W 85⁰40ʹ--W 81⁰/N 35⁰--N 30⁰10ʹ).
- Philadelphia : [S. Augustus Mitchell], Published 1836.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Prime meridians: Washington and Greenwich.
- Tables of steam boat routes: Savannah to Augusta -- Savannah to Charleston, S.C. -- Columbus to Appalachicola, Fl. Ter. -- Savannah to Picolata, Fl. Ter.
- Explanation to the left of the imprint codes for County towns, stage roads, canals and rail roads. A second explanation to the right of the imprint explains the distance figures.
- "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1834 by S. Augustus Mitchell in the Clerks office, of the eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- Possibly the same as the J.H. Young map, removed from the covers. Neither Young's name nor the 1830 Georgia census figures appear on the map.
- Technical Details