- Item Actions
Johnson's Kentucky and Tennessee
by Johnson & Browning
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 41 x 58 cm.
- Variant Title
- Kentucky and Tennessee
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:1,550,000] (W 91⁰10ʹ--W 81⁰00ʹ/N 39⁰40ʹ--N 34⁰00ʹ)
- [Richmond, Va. : Johnson & Browning, 1860?]
- Date of situation ca. 1860.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington.
- Includes vignettes of "State House Nashville," "Navy Yard Memphis" and "Entrance to the Mammoth Cave."
- Plate numbers "41" and "42" in outer corners of top margin, as bound.
- Appeared with these plate numbers in: Johnson's New illustrated (steel plate) family atlas, with descriptions, geographical, statistical and historical. Compiled, drawn, and engraved under the supervision of J.H. Colton and A.J. Johnson. Richmond Virginia, Published by Johnson and Browning, 1860 (and later editions)
- Decorative border.
- Verso blank.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Imperfect: Long center fold separation; diffusely browned.
- Technical Details