- Item Actions
The World on Mercators projection : western part
drawn under the direction of Mr. Pinkerton by L. Hebert ; Neele sculpt, 352 Strand.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : col. ; 70 x 52 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:41 000 000]
- London : Published by Cadell and Davies, Strand, & Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme and Brown, Pater Noster Row, October 10th, 1812.
- "Pinkerton's Modern atlas" centered above the top margin. Appeared in various editions of the Atlas. Cf. C.I. Wheat, Mapping the Transmississippi West, v. 2, no. 310 and Phillips, Atrlases, v. 1, no. 724 & 733.
- Map of Western Hemisphere with relief shown by hachures.
- Shows exploration routes of La Perouse, Cook and Vancouver.
- Cited in
- Wheat, C.I. Mapping Transmississippi West, ?c v. 2, no. 310
- Technical details