- Item Actions
Gray's new map of Alabama
by Frank A. Gray ...
- Online; Map
- 1 map : col. ; 66 x 40 cm.
- Variant title
- New map of Alabama
- Mathematical info
- Scale 1:900,000.
- Philadelphia : O.W. Gray & Sons, [ca. 1882], c1878.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Copyright 1878 by O.W. Gray & Son.
- Includes a notes on state history, another on the methods used in surveying public lands, and gives population by decennial periods through 1880.
- Inset: Entrance to Mobile Bay, Scale 1:150,000.
- Explanataion includes: designation of places with population over 10,000 and over 1,000; railroads; canals; state capital; light houses; light ships; county towns; spot heights.
- Prime meridians: Washington, D.C. and Greenwich.
- Plate numbers 83 and 84 printed (as bound) at upper left and right corners respectively.
- Appeared in an edition of Gray's National atlas, published in 1881, 1882 or 1883.
- "Authorities" listed below title.
- Technical details