- Item Actions
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Tom Sawyer's Comrade): Scene: The Mississippi Valley. Time: Forty to Fifty Years Ago
By Mark Twain. With one hundred and seventy-four illustrations
- Book; Online
- 366 p. : ill., port. ; 22 cm.
- Related Title
- Huckleberry Finn
- New York : Charles L. Webster and Company, 1885 (New York : Press of J.J. Little & Co.)
- 1st American ed.; BAL 3415, with the following points: state 3 of t.p., which is not a cancel, with 1884 copyright date on verso; state 2 of p. , with illustration listed at p. 87; state 2 of p. 57, with "was" corrected to " saw"; state 3 of p. 155, with final "5" replaced, but defective; state 3 or 4 of p. 283, which may or may not be a cancel. There is no signature mark on p. 161 and leaf 238 is present as a blank. The frontis. port. is state 3, with "Karl Gerhardt Sc." added to edge of shoulder, and imprint of Photo-Gravure Co., N.Y.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Original pictorial green cloth. From the library of Lafcadio Hearn, with his ownership stamp on front endpaper. Clifton Waller Barrett Library, Lafcadio Hearn Collection. Gift of C.W. Barrett.
- Cited in
- BAL, 3415
- Blockson, Commented bibl., 45
- Technical Details