- Item Actions
The Black Riders and Other Lines: Cover Designs, Trial Covers, Prospectus
- Book; Online
- 3 folders in slip case. ; 32 cm.
- Boston : Copeland and Day, 1905.
- Folder 1) 4 drawings for cover designs
- Folder 2) 10 proofs (on paper) for the cover, with design as published, in a variety of shades of grey and tan, also one in pale blue and some in olive green. Portrait of Crane
- Folder 3) Prospectus (as published). Prospectus with "Ordered 500 / 50 in Mar '95" written at top in green ink. Two proof copies of p.  of the prospectus. Six proof copies of p.  of the prospectus. One proof copy of text leaf, beginning "IX I stood upon a high place ... " One trial cover (?) with title printed in white on black paper.
- See related correspondence in the Papers of Stephen Crane, MSS 5505.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Clifton Waller Barrett Library, Stephen Crane Collection. Gift of C. Waller Barrett.
- Technical Details