- Item Actions
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. (Tom Sawyer's Comrade): Scene: The Mississippi Valley. Time: Forty to Fifty Years Ago
By Mark Twain. With one hundred and seventy-four illustrations
- Book; Online
- 366 p. illus., ports. 22 cm.
- New York, Charles L. Webster and Company, 1885.
- 1st American ed.; BAL 3415, with the following points: state 2 of the t.p., which is a cancel, with 1884 copyright date on verso; state 1 of p. , with illustration listed at p. 88; state 1 of p. 57, with "was" for " saw"; state 1 of p. 155, with final "5" missing; state 3 of p. 283, which is a cancel. There is no signature mark on p. 161 and leaf 238 is present as a blank. The frontispiece portrait is state 1, showing a draped table, with imprint Heliotype Printing Co.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: PS1305 .A1 1885c: Copy 1: Original pictorial green cloth. Numerous newspaper clippings pasted inside both covers. Gift of Dr. Wilbur P. Morgan of Baltimore.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: PS1305 .A1 1885c Copy 2: Original pictorial royal blue cloth. Gift, 1974.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Barrett PS1305 .A1 1885c Copy 1: Original pictorial green cloth. Clifton Waller Barrett Library, Mark Twain Collection.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Barrett PS1305 .A1 1885c Copy 2: Impossible to tell if t.p. and p. 283 are cancels, but otherwise matches the points listed above. Bound in marbled boards, with brown morocco spine and corners. Presented by the author to the sons of General Philip Sheridan, with inscr. "To the General's boys this book is offered, with the compliments of The Author. New York, March 21, 1885." Signature of one of the children, Philip Sheridan, written on end flyleaf. Clifton Waller Barrett Library, Mark Twain Collection. Gift of C.W. Barrett, 1967.
- Cited in
- BAL, 3415
- Blockson, Commented bibl., 45
- Technical Details