- Item Actions
Yae no Sakura. Part 1 [videorecording]
- Video; DVD
- Tells the story of Niijima Yae, also known as Yamamoto Yaeko, who was born into the Aizu Domain during the late Edo period. Skilled in gunnery, she helped defend Aizu during the Boshin War, earning her the nickname of the "Bakumatsu Joan of Arc.". After the war, she married educator Joseph Hardy Neesima and became a Christian, and she helped Neesima found Doshisha University.
- Ayase Haruka, Matsushige Yutake, Nishijima Hidetoshi, Fubuki Jun.
- Release Date
- In Japanese and English with English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional) subtitles.
- Japanese TV drama series by NHK.
- Uniform title
- Yae no Sakura (Television program). Part 1.
- Variant title
- Yae no Sakura.
- Part one
- Taibei : Ri zun ying shi gu fen you xian gong si,  ©2013
- Publisher no.
- JPN 0486D Re Zhun Taiwan Co., Ltd.
- 3 videodiscs (min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. DVD, NTSC, widescreen, all regions.
- Technical details